The Future is Women
Women Leading the Way
- Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
- 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
506 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Women comprise 47 percent of the US workforce and comprise only a small percentage of leadership roles within the AEC industry. In the age of #MeToo and Time’s Up, many have said the Future Is Women. But, how do we get there? This dynamic panel of leaders in the design and construction industry will challenge us to not just think about our career paths, training and development, but to pay equity, develop a work-life balance, and explore how and where we can grow as professionals.
Our panelists' unique career stories will explore obstacles, challenges and how they grew their leadership skills within the industry.
3:30 PM-4:00 PM: Registration & Networking
4:00 PM-5:15 PM: Panel Discussion
5:15 PM-6:00 PM: Networking
1. Louise Belair, Principal, LA Office Leader, tk1sc
2. Leigh Christy, Associate Principal, Perkins + Will
3. Jamie Gillies, Project Executive, So Cal SSG Leader, DPR
4. Joanne Kim, Senior Advisor, Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson (District 8)
5. Additional panelists to be confirmed
Moderator: Karen Compton, Principal, A3K Consulting
$75 – members
$ 100 – non-members
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Matthew Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Carmen Gonzalez, Programs Chair, at email@example.com.