- The Changing Landscape of the Colleges & Universities
- Wednesday, September 26th, 2018
- 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
506 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071
The landscape of the higher education institution is changing based on several factors: pedagogical trends, diversity and inclusivity, competition from online degree programs, and rapid technological advancements that are changing the face of careers that today's students are preparing to enter -- to name just a few. How do these factors influence the design of the higher education campus? What trends do architects, engineers and general contractors need to understand in order to help higher education clients develop spaces and places that support these trends?
Join this lively panel for an in-depth discussion from institutions ranging from community colleges to public and private universities to learn how these trends help shape their unique learning landscapes. These panelists will share their insights into what the "Future University" looks like, and how students will experience these engaging campuses. Ample time will be allowed for an audience question and answer session, so be sure to come with all of your thought-provoking questions!
3:30 PM-4:00 PM: Registration & Networking
4:00 PM-5:15 PM: Higher Ed Panel Discussion
5:15 PM-6:00 PM: Networking
1. David Salazar, Chief Facilities Executive, LACCD
2. Willy Marsh, Director, Capital Construction Development, USC
3. Brian Pratt, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Campus Architect, UCI
4. Warren Jacobs, Associate Vice President | Campus Architect, Cal State LA
1. Paula Stamp, Ph.D., Director, Business Development, PCL
$75 – members
$ 100 – non-members
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Matthew Sullivan, Sponsorship Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Carmen Gonzalez, Programs Chair, at email@example.com.
- Business Development Symposium 2018
- Friday, September 28th, 2018
- 8:00AM to 4:30PM
One California Plaza
300 S. Grand Avenue, Conference Facility
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Join us for the last leg of their SoCal Tour!
This team knows Marketing and Business Development having helped dozens of A/E/C firms succeed in building business. They bring a pragmatic, real-world approach to winning work. In an industry of hidden agendas, politics and endless circular activities, this team cuts to the chase.
Frank, Stacy, and Deidre have strong industry backgrounds earned by working as employees or consultants to A/E/C firms throughout their careers. They build relationships with people, interacting through intelligent and thoughtful communication, professionalism, and a genuine, fun sense of humor.
Marketing, business development, project manager, principal or all of the above; no matter what hat you wear, come ready to learn about Business Development as it evolves in a new generational model. Come hear from experts who’ve seen it all and see it all coming head-on. Come prepared to re-adjust your approach and definitely come to laugh...a lot!
8:00AM – 8:30AM Registration & Networking
8:30AM – 11:00AM Morning Session
• Business Development 101
• Generational Shifts
• Business Development for Marketers
11:00AM – 11:30AM Break
11:30AM – 1:30PM Lunch Session
‣ Eco-Rapid Transit - Michael Kodama, Executive Director
‣ City of Los Angeles - Michael Owh, Inaugural Chief Procurement Officer
‣ City of Hope - Kevin Cheng, Senior Project Manager
‣ Gafcon - Gerry Rodrigues, Client Development for the Southwest Region
‣ PCL Construction - Paula Stamp, Director of Business Development
• Panel: Procurement Strategies
• Roundtables: Business Development Challenges & Strategies
1:30PM – 2:00PM Break
2:00PM – 4:30PM Afternoon Session
• Small Group Exercises | Business Development Action Planning
• Closing Remarks + Q&A
$150.00 – Members
$200.00 – Non-Members
Parking is at your discretion
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Matthew Sullivan, Sponsorship Director, at matthew@MSMarketingSolutions.net
For general questions, contact Cindy Ionita, at firstname.lastname@example.org