April 20th, 2017
Smith-Emery is growing! We have an immediate opening in our Los Angeles office for a Marketing/Business Development Coordinator. The coordinator will assist the Vice Presidents, Business Development and technical staff in the creation and production of proposals and marketing materials (resumes, firm experience, etc.) that support our business development activities, as well as play an active role in maintaining and improving the organization and maintenance of those materials. Candidates for the coordinator position will need strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proven writing, editing, and proofreading abilities are equally essential. The ideal candidate is energetic and creative, works collaboratively and solves problems independently, highly organized and detail-oriented, and is flexible with good time management skills.
• Work directly with BD staff to write, edit and/or proofread, and produce proposals, brochures, direct mail, press releases, articles, newsletters, web copy and other original content.
• Maintain and update standard marketing materials (resumes, project pages, standard proposal sections, etc.).
• Assist in maintaining, updating and improving marketing database
• Assist in maintaining and updating digital assets (website) and social media postings.
• Demonstrate self-initiative, positive team attitude, and strong attention to detail and quality.
• Successfully juggle multiple, competing, and deadline-driven tasks.
• Assist with client and market research projects.
• Participate in outside industry events as a firm representative.
• Occasional travel
- Three to five years of marketing experience in the AEC industry
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Adobe CS
- Effective communication skills
- Strong RFP/RFQ coordination and completion experience
- Working knowledge of effective presentation techniques
- Working knowledge of digital imaging, printing, and graphics
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of specialized AEC proposal formats such as the SF 330
About Smith-Emery. Founded in 1904, Smith Emery Company is the oldest and largest inspection and testing company on the West Coast. We offer a full array of services that include environmental consulting and engineering, geotechnical engineering and engineering geology, deputy inspectors, seismology, and materials testing and inspection. Our corporate headquarters is in downtown Los Angeles, where we have been continuously operating since 1909. We also have offices in Anaheim, San Francisco, Selma, and Calexico. We offer a competitive benefits package as well as a congenial work environment. Smith-Emery is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send a resume and cover email to: email@example.com