January 24th, 2018
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Los Angeles office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our team! We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration, and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Serves as project manager for the coordination, writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations and other marketing materials, or assist with such efforts
• Composes narrative for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills
• Creates concepts for and coordinates production of collateral materials (i.e., brochures, direct mail)
• Develops strategy on project- and studio-specific marketing activities, which may include content marketing plans
• Assists in research of target markets and clients as directed
• Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes
• Updates firmwide database with project and proposal information on an ongoing basis
• Develops award submittals and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed, including social media participation
• Oversees photography shoots (planning and coordination) and management of projects and staff images (formatting, filing)
• Maintains high quality of work products, in terms of accuracy, content and compliance with customer requirements
An ideal candidate:
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and clients
• Has the ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications in order to organize and develop a relevant, thoughtful response
• Has an interest in and ability to learn about industry-related concepts and apply that understanding to written marketing materials
• Has an eye for design details and can guide development of persuasive graphics that tell concept-based stories
• Can solve problems and work independently, and as a team player
• Shares knowledge with others and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others
• Is proactive, resourceful, a self-starter and can easily multi-task against deadlines
• Thrives in a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment
• A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field
• A minimum of three years of experience in an A/E/C firm
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat are required
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
• Go to smithgroupjjr.com and go to the Careers page.
• On the Los Angeles, CA – Senior Marketing Coordinator posting, please click the Apply here link. Fill in the required information, submit a letter of interest, current resume with salary requirements, and examples of recent work.
• For the work/writing samples, we are looking for examples demonstrating writing ability related to the requirements above.
• Applications without a work/writing portfolio will not be considered.
No phone calls please.