January 10th, 2019
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE)
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is a nationally recognized engineering and architecture firm that attracts and develops industry leaders at all organizational levels. Our Los Angeles office, located in Pasadena, California, is currently seeking a full-time professional for an entry level Administrative/Marketing Assistant position to provide project and office support for engineers and architects, and to become part of the administrative team.
WJE’s Los Angeles office was established in 2004 and currently has a staff of thirteen who enjoy a casual but professional environment. Our administrative and technical staff work closely together to provide our clients with excellent customer support and unsurpassed work product. Administrative staff are important and valued team members whose involvement makes each of our projects successful. The position includes a wide variety of responsibilities and a successful person in this role has the opportunity to develop many skills.
The ideal candidate is consistently professional, organized, accurate, thorough, and focused on providing excellent customer support to both staff members and clients.
• Bachelor’s degree (English, communication, marketing, or business)
• Strong interest in working in a support position
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Experience with photo editing, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Bluebeam, and Deltek Vision or other similar software
• Curiosity to learn new computer software as needed
• Ability to be consistently accurate, to multi-task, and to prioritize
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines
• Great work ethic
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in planning and managing marketing activities
• Assist in preparing Statements of Qualifications in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Qualifications (RFQs)
• Assist with the creation of complex documents utilizing multiple software programs and digital images
• Assist Project Managers with a working knowledge of specific functions of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Deltek Vision as needed
• Coordinate and assist in preparation of technical reports and presentation materials
• Coordinate and maintain incoming and outgoing project related correspondence and documentation
• Assist in creating and updating marketing items, including resumes and project profiles
• Answer incoming calls and e-mails, and direct client inquiries appropriately
• Manage packages and deliveries, incoming and outgoing
• Order all supplies, prepare for and organize twice monthly staff meetings
• Provide advanced word processing using WJE templates; use knowledge of styles and other MS Word tools to create complex documents
• Prepare first drafts, edit, proofread, and assemble outgoing correspondence and documents
• Independently manage office-related projects
Finance and Accounting
• Assist Project Managers with project controls (milestones, budget tracking, accounting, billing, etc.)
• Assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, and offices services functions
Apply here: https://www.wje.com/careers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computer, printer, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office equipment. Position requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation, as well as the ability to lift 25 pounds.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.