July 4th, 2019
HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm with an excellent opportunity based in our Santa Monica office for an experienced business developer to collaborate with our Healthcare market-focused Principals. This role supports marketplace development in the Los Angeles area, as well works to expand HGA’s regional and national healthcare presence. This includes assisting with strategic planning, identification of front-end contacts, networks and similar initiatives. Candidates must offer experience as it relates to successful strategic planning and network development.
Qualified candidates will have:
• BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Architecture or Engineering or related field plus 10 year’s proven business development experience in Healthcare a plus.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Skill with InDesign or Publisher-type software helpful
• Must have professional appearance and maintain proper business etiquette to appropriately represent firm to specific market
• This position requires frequent early morning, evening and some weekend event attendance outside of the 8-5 work hours
• This position requires frequent air and over-the-road travel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Duties (80% of time):
1. Works with Healthcare Principals in developing an approved target list of potential clients and project opportunities.
2. Consults with Principals on strategy or leads and helps to define the criteria for “go/no-go” decisions.
3. Researches leads and makes cold or warm calls to potential clients, evaluating and targeting prospects based on evaluation criteria of office-based leader.
4. Schedules and conducts a targeted number of face-to-face meetings with prospects and clients each week.
5. Meets with Principals on a regular basis as determined by Principals to track client contact activities.
6. Assists the Practice Group Leader’s in budgeting and monitoring the overall marketing budget for the Los Angeles region.
Secondary Duties (20% of time):
1. Establishes continuing contact and “touches” with new prospects, coordinates contacts between HGA personnel and proposed clients.
2. Build relationships with decision makers at those organizations we have identified as our strategic targeted clients
3. Identifies and represents HGA at key industry associations and events and coordinates participation of other key HGA personnel.
4. Develops and maintains strong business network contacts to keep abreast of industry, client and competitor activity in support of Primary Duties defined above.
5. Updates relevant client information in Deltek Vision database on a timely basis.
6. Meets assigned activity targets on a weekly and monthly basis as determined by the healthcare sector leader.
7. Performs other secondary yet supportive duties and responsibilities as assigned.