July 4th, 2019
HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm with an excellent opportunity in our Santa Monica office for an experienced business developer to collaborate with our Principal whose focus is in the Public|Corporate market sector with marketplace development locally and regionally. This includes assisting with strategic planning, identification of front-end contacts, networks and similar initiatives. Candidates must offer experience as it relates to successful strategic planning and network development.
Qualified candidates will have:
• BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Architecture or Engineering or related field plus 10 year’s proven business development experience in an arts, higher education or corporate arena
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Skill with InDesign or Publisher-type software helpful
• Must have professional appearance and maintain proper business etiquette to appropriately represent firm to specific market
• This position requires frequent early morning or evening event attendance outside of the 8-5 work hours
• This position requires frequent air and over-the-road travel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Duties (80% of time):
1. Supports Market Sector Leader, Practice Group Leaders and Principals in developing an approved target list of potential clients and project opportunities.
2. Consults Market Sector Leader in support of Practice Group Leaders and Principals on strategy or leads, and helps to define the criteria for “go/no-go” decisions.
3. Researches leads and makes cold or warm calls to potential clients, evaluating and targeting prospects based on evaluation criteria of office-based leader.
4. Schedules and conducts a targeted number of face-to-face meetings with prospects and clients each week.
5. Meets with Practice Group Leaders and Principals on a regular basis as determined by Principals to track client contact activities.
Secondary Duties (20% of time):
1. Establishes continuing contact and “touches” with new prospects, coordinates contacts between HGA personnel and proposed clients.
2. Represents HGA at key industry associations and events and coordinates participation of other key HGA personnel.
3. Develops and maintains community involvement activities that benefit the firm’s image within the community as required by office-based leaders.
4. Develops and maintains strong business network contacts to keep abreast of industry, client and competitor activity in support of Primary Duties defined above.
5. Updates relevant client information in Deltek Vision database on a timely basis.
6. Meets assigned activity targets on a weekly and monthly basis as determined by the office-based leaders.
7. Supports office leaders’ review, assignment and tracking of marketing budgets.
8. Performs other secondary yet supportive duties and responsibilities as assigned.