July 28th, 2017
As GGLO continues to grow we continue to need to grow our teams. We are currently hiring a Business Development (BD) Coordinator who is a versatile, organized, resourceful thinker and implementer of GGLO’s BD strategy. The Coordinator works closely with Principals, Director of Business Development and the BD/Marketing Team on all Business Development activities for GGLO.
At GGLO, we believe it’s both the opportunity and responsibility of design to play a lead role in creating and sustaining community – to design places where our clients’ clients prosper. To that end, our approach is focused on improving the relationship between people and place. Our Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers work across scales and project types to create holistic neighborhoods, blocks, buildings, and public places
Professional Knowledge & Experience
• Participate in the creation of Market Sector (MS) plans in collaboration with Director of Business Development, Marketing Manager and Principals
• Guide and monitor MS plans, working with teams and individuals to fulfill plan objectives and goals
• Work with Principals to support them in reaching their individual business development targets; help individuals improve and succeed in sales efforts
• Develop new prospect presentations and provide interview preparation, including development of presentations, collateral, graphics, visual aids, and leave-behind packages
• Lead research efforts on prospective clients as well as market/industry trends and insights; identify and qualify high value prospects
• Develop ongoing prospect activity summaries for Market Sector teams and individuals in order to ensure follow-through on prospect activities
• Collect and share market sector and competitor information
• Leverage CRM to optimize effectiveness in relationship building
• Assist Principals in promoting the firm and markets through targeted marketing, speaking engagements, publishing, attendance at conferences, etc.
• Actively research and suggest improvements to business development processes
• Provide public relations support
• Share ideas by contributing analysis, observations and recommendations for ways to increase Business Development effectiveness and positive outcomes
• Assist in developing, planning, implementing, and monitoring MS plans
• Develop and track weekly and monthly reporting on business development and weekly assignments for market sector teams
• Track and prepare BD metrics reporting (financial and CRM performance)
• Participate in budget reporting and discussions for markets
• Actively participate in team meetings, Principal/Market Sector meetings, BD Forum discussions and BD financial meetings
• Gather useful intelligence on selected prospects
• Incorporate targets into MS BD plan and work with team to pursue
• Identify and secure listing in all desirable rosters for notice of RFP
• Additional administrative, business development, marketing and special projects, as needed
Skill Sets Required
• 4+ years of experience in a professional marketing role
• Experience in A/E/C industry strongly preferred
• Outstanding professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Must be highly detail oriented with strong drive for results, yet be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
• Resourceful, good judgment, and strong innovative problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) as well as the Microsoft Office Family (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience with CRM systems.
• Working knowledge of web development tools preferred.
Who are we looking for? The individual who will excel in this role will have a Bachelor’s degree, plus 4 or more years of experience in a professional marketing role and experience in A/E/C industry.
What does this mean for your career? Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. You will gain valuable, real-world experience all while adding your skills to paramount office projects.
Our salary range for this role is DOE and we offer and excellent, comprehensive benefits package! We offer the opportunity to join one of Seattle Business Magazines 100 Best Employers to Work For, activities such as our Thursday Crit’s, Emerging professionals, and weekly lunch ‘n’ learns. Other benefits include bike parking and bike use, central downtown location, and more.
Send your resume, portfolio samples of writing pieces and graphic communications (5MB or less) and salary requirements today along with a brief paragraph of the requirements you fit.
Feel free to share links to your blog or website to show off your talent!
We look forward to hearing from you!