November 14th, 2018
(local candidates only please)
“…Talented, organized, open-minded, dependable, multi-tasking, enthusiastic, resourceful and an amazing people person…”– does this describe you? Do you want to work with exciting clients on extraordinary projects? Do you have the drive and initiative to build new relationships for the company?
We’re looking for an all-star candidate to join our growing team! This is not an entry level role, and is not purely social media marketing. Our perfect candidate is someone with great ideas who can help take us to the next level. This is someone who is an excellent writer and verbal communicator, highly organized, self-starting, project-oriented, diligent, and who goes the extra mile whenever possible. We're looking for a candidate who will consistently reach out to existing relationships to drive new opportunities, and who can target and develop new strategic relationships for the firm that will culminate in opportunities. Your skills and capabilities will help shape your role.
Authentic. Ethical. Smart. Dynamic. Committed. Inventive. Compassionate. Expert. Loyal -- These are the characteristics that represent the AlfaTech team. Each member of our staff embodies our culture and values. It is through each individual’s expertise and vision that we are able to provide the most reliable, practical, innovative and sustainable solutions for our clients.We foster an environment that runs on our core values: providing innovative, efficient, and sustainable solutions that offer our world the best environmental, economic and social benefits.
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is responsible for developing new business through industry connections and research, and marketing by responding to information requests and proposals, and other needed marketing material in response to requests. The breakdown is: New Business Development: 70%, and Marketing: 30%. The BDC reports to principal of Corporate Business Development and works closely with the managing director of the LA office. The BDC is a member of the corporate marketing team, working closely with other marketing team members.
This is not a social media marketing or product marketing job. In this role, the BDC will research project opportunities and clients, create opportunities to meet and develop relationships with appropriate parties, as well as prepare appropriate marketing materials for meetings/presentations and the like. The BDC will assist in preparation/coordination of PR activities and events, as well as schedule for AlfaTech attendance at appropriate events. Duties will also require the operation of word processing equipment to produce reports that the firm produces for the client, or for internal or other business uses, to include performance of other administrative assistance, as required.
• Hours: Available during regular business hours to meet and respond to the needs of clients and to be available to AlfaTech staff. Occasional evening events are required, if necessary. This role requires working in the office when not with clients rather than working remotely.
• Business Development: tap existing relationships, and develop opportunity for introductions to architects, PM/CMs, brokers, landlords/developers, end-users, and others to create project opportunities. Also attend industry functions such as CoreNet, BisTimes events, and other events aimed at networking and creating opportunity in Southern California.
• RFP/RFQ Processes – manage the process from the receipt of request through delivery. Provide a complete professional deliverable proposal to the client and ensure timely delivery, for example:
• Interfacing with client and technical staff to get needed information and prompt response to each proposal.
• Review the requirements with the Director of Business Development and/or Principals of assigned AlfaTech office in order to assign a technical scope writer for the proposal.
• Ensure on-time delivery of document by due date.
• Follow up with client to ensure delivery (important).
• Utilize AlfaTech marketing material to assemble packages/information that may be helpful at meetings with architects/clients, such as Big Book, presentations, etc.
• Coordinate and/or revise marketing material to support business development activities in Southern California.
• Initiate and maintain any social media and PR activities, as needed.
• Maintain relevancy and updated marketing material for LA office.
• Update employee resumes as new projects are completed and create new resumes as new employees are hired. Track new employee past projects that may be relevant for future use.
• Primary duty is to initiate and support external client/architect/other connections with the goal of bringing in new projects. Follow up and maintain relationships. Promote and support follow up by principals.
• Act as a resource for the principals and project managers for marketing information.
• Maintain updates in company proposal log.
• Maintain project leads (Pipeline/ABC list) under direction of the Principals and Director of Business Development
• Assist in development and maintenance of project/client database
• Assist in administrative duties as required, and as requested by principals
• Weekly engagement/communications with SJ and SF Marketing/BD Team
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Is currently in a role within the corporate real estate industry in marketing or related. Has a degree in Marketing or a related subject, or a minimum of three years practical experience in a relevant field/position.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Industry knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with people to facilitate the marketing efforts.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work well under stress and meet deadlines.
- Team player mentality.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Dependent on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in this opportunity, please contact Elizabeth Monti at (415) 403-3000 or email@example.com