January 4th, 2019
ICF is looking for dynamic, strategic, and action-oriented Business Development leader to join ICF’s Energy Aviation and Infrastructure (EAI) Group. This position reports to the head of EAI’s Business Development team. The ideal candidate will be a proven full life-cycle business development leader with a track record of positioning, pursuing and winning large, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary programs. This individual must exhibit exceptional leadership qualities and be highly collaborative as they must work closely with our clients and teaming partners as well as people throughout ICF.
We are looking for people with at least 10 years of experience working with state and municipal clients with a specific focus on selling professional consulting services oriented to one or more of the following services: environmental compliance, planning, and mitigation (specific to CEQA and NEPA compliance) in the transportation, water and energy sectors, energy efficiency and advisory services, and aviation (specific to airports). Ideally, this candidate has worked throughout Southern California and is based in Los Angeles, but is also familiar with at least one of our markets in other geographies.
We want you to bring your excellent industry and customer knowledge to open doors, facilitate partnering, and to help craft compelling strategies that drive results. This candidate should have the ability to command a room as a dynamic public speaker with strategic credibility, but also be able to use analytical, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills that lead to productive business relationships. Ideally, the candidate is also familiar with new and emerging technologies, innovative sprint solutioning, and methods to promote digital engagement with stakeholders.
▪ Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with EAI strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company’s capabilities.
▪ Oversee major capture activities from inception to win by leading senior-level engagement with end customers, primes and partners in collaboration with other ICF leaders.
▪ Be present in the market and a representative senior leader of our firm. Use your knowledge of the industry to position ICF’s point of view in a meaningful and strategic way.
▪ Leverage current and emerging technologies and innovation tools and strategies to strengthen our level of engagement with our customers to promote growth and help us right size, optimize, and be ever more efficient and innovative in delivering solutions to our clients.
▪ Support the development of strategies that improve the quality and depth of market and competitor intelligence to influence and enhance win probability.
▪ When appropriate, work with acquired firms to maximize pipeline for possible new joint opportunities.
▪ Bachelor’s degree
▪ Minimum of 10 years of experience leading capture in a state and local environmental and commercial environment focused on selling high value solutions and services.
▪ Must be willing to travel when needed.
▪ You should be comfortable leading by influence in a non-hierarchical environment, where collaboration is crucial to success. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams, senior leaders, and clients to achieve desired results, with a focus on improving the whole, not just the parts.
▪ Must have a bias for action with an orientation toward solving rather than simply identifying problem areas.
▪ Applies a strong client perspective as a driving force behind business decisions.
▪ Critical thinker who gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources, develops and tests solutions to complex problems and leads by doing rather than delegating.
▪ Effectively plans and manages towards both short- and long-term goals.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.