January 14th, 2020
Supports efforts to obtain new project leads and opportunities. Maintains and develops relationships with existing clients, architects, consultants while establishing new clients and contacts. Plans, supports, and coordinates activities related to RFP and RFQ responses. Supports the collection and creation of operations and field content for use within marketing materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Vice President of Project Development to support the marketing and business development plan that achieves the revenue, market positioning and goals established in support of Morley’s business plan.
• Collaborate with Vice President of Project Development in implementing business development/marketing strategies for all of Morley’s services across the various market segments and geographic areas that fall within the company’s business model.
• Work with internal key stakeholders to support maintaining current and future client relationships and business opportunities within targeted market sectors.
• Identify market trends and opportunities for the business through market research, publications and various industry events.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners.
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Establishes new industry relationships for purposes of business opportunities.
• Work with Marketing staff to develop marketing materials including new client introduction to Morley and builders Information packages.
• Update Morley’s customer relationship management (CRM) with accurate information related to contacts and project leads.
• Work with Vice President of Project Development to establish annual budget and provide quarterly updates.
• Review all invoices with cost codes relating to the marketing budget and track against annual budget.
• Create, update and manage master proposal planning document to be utilized as a team planning tool in Morley’s effective response to RFP’s / RFQ’s.
• Support the Marketing group in creating technical operations content which can be used within proposal responses and other marketing materials including:
- Preconstruction Services
- Construction Approaches
- Site logistics Planning
- Quality control
- Buyout & Cost Controls
• Currently supervises “0-2” number of staff
• Currently oversees “N/A” number of projects
• Executive leadership team, managers and employees at all levels
• Clients/Owner’s Architects, Design Consultants, City Staff & Officials, Real-Estate Brokers, MEP engineers, Non-Profits
• Subcontractors and vendors
• External community contacts
• 4 year bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, business, or construction management or equivalent combination of experience and/or training within a technical field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's)
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including CRM software.
• Self-starter, organized and able to work well with professionals at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Solid understanding of trade software including CRM, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office, Bluebeam.
• Knowledge of general construction operations including types, schedules, general costs, etc.
• Ability to negotiate with clients, designers and third party vendors.
• Excellent leadership and problem solving skills, organization, communication and customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines on a regular basis;
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Frequent travel, to jobsites, meetings, industry events
• Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities
• Vision sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities
• Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals by telephone and in person
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Office setting with quiet to moderate noise levels in temperature controlled environment
• Works in other areas at the facility as needed
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please send resumes to Betsy Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org