March 2nd, 2018
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle and Los Angeles is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Los Angeles office.
GGLO is a creative design company, dedicated to contributing value and beauty in the built environment. We contribute design solutions that are distinctive and transformative, emerging out of context and culture. In a collaborative environment that fosters discovery and learning, we engage diverse disciplines to understand the complex issues that underlay each design challenge, seeking new insights, revealing new solutions. We design distinct places where people connect and thrive—believing that the fundamental desire to interact and feel a sense of belonging can be evoked through design.
Sustainable urbanism is at the core of our practice, with a market focus on mixed-use environments delivered through Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Interiors.
Business Development Manager Role
The Business Development (BD) Manager will be responsible for the facilitation of business development activities in the LA office. The primary role of this position will be identifying prospects, cultivating new client relationships, developing project pursuit strategies, and tracking potential leads. This position includes direct involvement in client outreach, participation in industry events, and diligent, ongoing research to keep abreast of potential project opportunities and industry news.
• Work closely under the BD Director and with the Los Angeles Principals to identify new business development opportunities.
• Use a combination of research, professional networking, and referrals to identify information and lead generation.
• Schedule meeting times, inform relevant parties of meeting logistics, and maintain clear records of decisions made.
• Manage CRM database by effectively tracking prospects, leads and opportunities.
• Generate industry informative summaries regarding the state of the market and client knowledge in collaboration with the BD Director.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to create collateral including brochures, presentations, proposals and other items.
• Identify and connect with key leadership within target organizations.
• Expand the firm’s visibility in the Los Angeles marketplace.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients and other industry sources.
• On occasion, attend key industry events and conferences to expand visibility in targeted markets.
• Represent GGLO externally to clients, peer organizations, potential partners, and business associates within the Los Angeles area to help grow our business and reputation.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to marketing/business development or design
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working in business development and/or marketing in the Los Angeles A/E/C industry
• Proficiency using marketing and presentation software, which may include experience with: Deltek Vision, CRM software, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Professional demeanor
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Excellent client management, presentation, and communication skills
• Effective problem solving ability with sound judgment in decision-making
• Ability to maintain focus on goals, combined with the agility and flexibility to re-direct when necessary
• Experience collaborating with marketing and communications teams
We offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, flexible schedules, remote work, generous time off, transit subsidy, cell phone reimbursement, casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, annual Profit Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and any relevant work samples as PDF attachments to Brianna Mitchell, HR/Hiring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include writing samples demonstrating strong technical business communication skills, and use the subject line ‘Business Development Manager’ in your email.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.