January 11th, 2018
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Communication Specialist for our Los Angeles District office located in Glendale, California.
If you are an energetic Communications Specialist looking to build your communications career by working for one of the top general contracting organizations, then you may have what it takes to be a communications specialist for PCL Construction’s California Buildings District in Los Angeles, California. The PCL family of companies is one of the largest general contracting companies in North America, with annual revenues of more than $8 billion.
As a Communications Specialist, your passion for implementing solid communications products and services to support our business goals would demonstrate to our organization that you have what it takes. You relish the opportunity to work with operational leaders, PCL offices and business units throughout Southern California, and PCL communications colleagues around North America, all to deliver first-class products and services to help meet District communications goals. The communications specialist reports to the marketing manager, California Buildings, and is a member of the overall district marketing and communications team.
• Work collaboratively with the marketing manager, California Buildings to assist Southern California offices in the creation and implementation of communications plans.
• Lead the research, planning, and execution of specific communications initiatives
• Support in developing content and updating digital platforms (social media, intranet and website) and maintaining content calendar
• Assist in developing collateral, media kits and cultivating media relations
• Write and edit materials, including press releases, social media posts, website content, announcements, speaking notes, ad copy, newsletters, award submissions, etc., for a variety of internal and external audiences and mediums.
• Support communications for company departments and strategic initiatives.
• Build relationships with all levels of internal clients including the senior executives. Work directly with these key internal clients to deliver their communications priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or a closely related field. Construction knowledge is preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in a communications and/or public relations role.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, marketing, and public relations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with superior spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• Strong project management and consultation skills.
• Experience developing social media strategy and managing social media campaign initiatives a plus
• Ability to perform multiple projects effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in Adobe Photoshop a plus.
• Models the PCL values of teamwork, pride, trust, and integrity.
A portfolio of work will be required and a writing exercise will be given during interviews.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today. Apply at www.pcl.com/careers.