February 13th, 2020
Tutor Perini Corporation
Tutor Perini Corporation is seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Specialist to work in our Sylmar, CA location.
The Communications Specialist will be primarily responsible for the coordination and implementation of communication materials, maintaining social media accounts, the maintenance of company websites and assisting with public relations activities. The successful candidate will be both creative and analytical while performing activities that support the growth and success of the company.
This newly created position will encompass skills needed for publications, content, social media, public relations, copywriting and graphic design disciplines. This individual will hold responsibilities for social media content development and monitoring, continuing development of multiple company websites, content generation for the company intranet, and the design and content of newsletters and other publications, among other duties.
• Maintain corporate website and all business unit websites including new content and ensuring that all information is current
• Create and monitor social media content on various platforms
• Create and edit internal corporate communication
• Maintain communications portion of the corporate-wide intranet
• Draft and edit copy for corporate periodicals and collateral materials
• Design, produce and distribute advertising and direct marketing pieces, both in print and digital
• Assist with public relations functions including writing press releases
• Maintain a library of press clippings for the corporation and all business units
• Assist with the creation of investor and other special presentations and meetings
• Manage the coordination of photo and video shoots
• Assist with the upkeep of corporate standards for communication, style, branding, and layout design
• Work with corporate and business unit leaders to support marketing and communication initiatives
• Review, edit and assist with business unit project award submittals
• Provide CRM administration including data entry and knowledge management
• Provide support at local events such as trade shows, ground breakings, and charitable functions
• Minimum of six years of marketing/communication experience with three years of experience in writing for communications/public relations
• Experience in the AEC industry a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or similar field
• Previous experience maintaining social media accounts for a business
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with Illustrator and Premier Pro (or other video editing software) a plus
• Experience with Umbraco web content management tool a plus
• Experience with SEO and website analytics
• Experience with CRM database input and upkeep, specifically Microsoft Dynamics, a plus
• Ability to utilize layout and graphic design skills in a business setting
• Understanding of the construction industry and terminology a plus
• Ability to multi-task, be proactive, establish priorities and work independently or in teams
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment that may sometimes include nights and weekends
• Occasional travel to jobsites, events, and company meetings
About Tutor Perini
Tutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil, building, and specialty construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Tutor Perini is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability).
To apply, please visit our application site at:
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying.