January 29th, 2019
Harley Ellis Devereaux (HED)
The Corporate Communications Leader will lead and set the strategy, tone, and culture for all internal and external communications, ensuring consistency, effectiveness and stewarding and enhancing HED’s reputation in the A/E/C industry.
• Act as a strategic thought partner offering new and innovative ideas for communicating about HED and the positive impact of our work.
• Deliver “big picture” thinking and remain grounded in every aspect of messaging and strategy development and execution.
• Direct and steward a clear and consistent voice and messaging for HED’s brand, in partnership with the Corporate Marketing Leader and Corporate Leadership.
• Prepare and implement annual communication plan and timetables for communication strategies.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the firm’s leadership and marketing and business development team.
• Be a vocal and visible external face of HED, actively engaging with relevant communities.
• Direct brand framing which includes management and development of HED’s storytelling initiatives across the firm, website stories/content, and social media strategy.
• Manage media relations and determine ways in which HED can inform media stories.
• Oversee coordination with Corporate and Studio Leadership on their communications activities, including developing press releases and providing quotes to the media.
• Cultivate and expand a strong media contact network for HED.
• Develop and implement media outreach strategies in coordination with Corporate Leadership, Studio Leadership and Office Leadership.
• Direct Knowledge Leadership: Research, write, and edit digital and print content, including but not limited to talking points for public speaking and presentations; blogs and other web content; social media posts; white papers and award submissions.
• Keep current on best practices in A/E/C communications.
• Develop and manage internal communications plan to ensure that staff stay informed.
• Identify press and speaking opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field. and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a role that requires multidisciplinary strategic thinking and leadership for a A/E/C organization.
• A strong leader with proven success in providing strategic direction who can collaborate as a team player and interact successfully with all levels of staff.
• Intellectually curious, creative, strategic thinker to contribute ideas, and think broadly, imaginatively, and strategically about HED communications.
• Demonstrated strength as a writer: ability to produce compelling, clear, and engaging content.
• Solid understanding of digital strategy and best practices. Technologically savvy with a strong understanding of digital technology and social media required including blogs, social networking, and online news outlets.
• High level of maturity and empathy; highly developed interpersonal skills—collaborative and flexible.
• Capable of traveling to and from external office sites.
• Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
• Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.