June 30th, 2017
Plant Prefab, www.plantprefab.com, is the first prefabricated home factory in the nation dedicated to sustainable construction, materials, processes, and operations. Plant manufactures custom and single/multifamily homes that are high-quality, healthy, and durable. With their patented building system, Plant delivers low cost homes in half the time and with less waste than traditional site-based contractors. Plant models are fully customizable and available to individuals, developers, and architects. Plant was spun out of LivingHomes, www.livinghomes.net, and major funding was provided by Obvious Ventures, www.obviousventures.com. The company operates out of 62,000 sf facility in Rialto, California.
Plant is seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing who will manage our marketing efforts. Over time, it will be your responsibility to build and manage a team. This position can be based in either Santa Monica or Rialto, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop marketing programs that help individuals, developers and architects to understand how and why they should use Plant Prefab to build their custom, high quality residential projects via direct and channel relationships.
• Develops and manages marketing operating budget.
• Conduct project/client research, intelligence and discovery.
• Coordination, development and production of presentation/interview materials.
• Manage a system for tracking weekly, monthly, and yearly sales, leads and quotas.
• Manage the preparation of client proposals and RFP/RFQ.
• Communicate clients desires/aspirations to the technical team.
• Develop on and off-line marketing and channel programs that drive sales prospects and that build Plant’s brand.
• Develop and manage media program.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions; Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
• Undergraduate degree in real estate, architecture, communications, art history, marketing or other related fields required. MBA considered a benefit.
• Minimum 5-7 years of marketing experience and proven success in complex marketing environments, ideally in custom home design/ground-up construction.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) required. CAD skills a plus.
• Strong graphic design sensibility, written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized and proficient with personal time and team management with an ability to complete assignments and reports.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically to develop and implement new initiatives.
• Strong capabilities with social media promotion and social brand management.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
Helpful Qualities and Experience:
• Knowledge of residential architecture/ground-up construction.
• Knowledge of LEED materials and practices.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab.
• A strong desire to wed profit and purpose and a sense of humor.
Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter.