February 19th, 2019
Impact Sciences, a women-owned small business, is an environmental planning and consulting firm with headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. Our primary service area is California Environmental Quality Act / National Environmental Policy Act (CEQA/NEPA) compliance. Our clients are building schools, infrastructure, and much-needed housing and need our support navigating the regulatory process. Impact Sciences is a growing company seeking professionals to further our vision and mission.
Impact Sciences is specifically seeking a Business Development / Marketing Manager for our Los Angeles office. This position requires a strategic thinker with a proven track record of developing connections and growing markets. The role includes cultivating market opportunities, business planning, strategic partnerships, business and financial analytics in close coordination with executives and key staff in the organization. The ideal candidate will have a background in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field.
Marketing Manager Experience
• 10+ years of experience in management and/or marketing in the environmental/construction or related industry.
Marketing Manager Requirements
• Previous experience managing and leading a team of 4+ people.
• Prior experience in managing the proposal development process.
• Proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Focused, strong organizational skills and effective leadership capabilities.
• Proven history of developing and implementing creative business development strategies.
• Software proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Knowledge of AP style.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities
• Report to the Managing Principal and oversee the Business Development / Marketing team including the allocation of resources, scheduling and assigning work, overall team performance and mentoring in industry standards.
• Partner with Practice Leaders to establish effective processes and protocols to support marketing efforts firm wide.
• Manage and oversee timelines in delivering quality and on-time proposals, qualifications, and presentations.
• Identify short- and long-term obstacles and provide targeted solutions that meet Impact Sciences’ Business Development objectives.
• Establish and monitor annual Business Development Team budgets, success metrics, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and taking corrective action.
• Develop and consistently improve business development templates including RFP's, RFQ's, Project Database and CRM, and staff resumes to reflect Impact Sciences’ brand, story, and comprehensive business strategy.
• Actively involved in representing Impact Sciences through business development efforts, both internally and externally, including attendance at industry conferences, trade shows, and webinars.
• Responsible for analyzing team's current workflow processes and offering input towards continuous improvement.
• Collaborate with internal staff to continuously manage and strengthen internal marketing processes.
• Oversee and facilitate a go/no go process in coordination with Principals.
• Participate in project pursuit and interview strategy meetings.
Impact Sciences offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans. Impact Sciences is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. We work a modified 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
These are our core values:
· We do what we say we’re going to do.
· We work together collaboratively.
· We talk out problems.
· We respect each other.
· We are curious about ideas.
· We provide tools to succeed.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org