January 31st, 2019
About Abode Communities
Abode Communities is a nationally and locally recognized leader in the architectural design and development of high-quality, LEED-rated affordable housing throughout California. Its multi-disciplinary approach ensures the organization’s high-quality standard is brought to a wide range of clients for the benefit of low-income families, seniors, and people with special needs. Please visit abodecommunities.org for more information.
Under the leadership of the Director, Communications & Fund Development, the Marketing Associate manages and implements a wide range of marketing initiatives for Abode Communities’ core disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement communications campaigns featuring targeted and timely newsletters and bi-monthly eBlasts;
2. Lead marketing functions for Abode Communities|Real Estate and Abode Communities|Architecture’s business development activities including, and not limited to:
• Coordinating and preparing responses for Requests for Proposals/Qualifications submissions;
• Creating and updating collateral such as profiles, cut sheets, presentations, and websites;
• Managing award opportunities and creating awards submissions; and
• Coordinating trade show activities
3. Manage events and provide production support for grand openings, groundbreakings, project-related tours, and staff participation in conferences/workshops;
4. Implement, manage and report project-based press/communication campaigns;
5. Update website content, maintain social media presence, and monitor online activity;
6. Manage the organization’s photography inventory and coordinate shoots;
7. Provide communications support to advance affordable housing policy;
8. Manage and maintain the organization’s contact management system; and
9. Steward the Abode Communities’ brand.
The organization offers a highly professional, yet mission-based career opportunity for candidates who possess:
1. 4+ years of related experience, Architecture/Engineering/Construction preferred
2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the field of marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or related field;
3. Experience in Microsoft Office, contact management systems and electronic mail services;
4. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite;
5. A valid driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle for limited travel within Abode Communities’ service area.
Successful candidates will be energetic and self-motivated, demonstrating:
1. Superior oral and written communication skills;
2. Superior time management skills;
3. An ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities;
4. An ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a dynamic team; and
5. A desire to improve underserved communities throughout California.
The Marketing Associate is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com