December 4th, 2018
About Abode Communities
Abode Communities is a nonprofit, social enterprise whose mission is to create service-enhanced affordable housing and socially beneficial communities that promote the social, economic, and physical transformation of underserved communities. Abode Communities harnesses the power and synergy of its professional services - real estate, architecture, and property management – to ensure the organization’s high-quality standard is brought to each community development project it touches. Its current affordable housing portfolio includes 37 communities serving nearly 7,000 extremely low-, very low- and low-income people.
Going above and beyond the development, design, and long-term ownership/operation of affordable homes, Abode Communities’ mission-critical on-site resident services program, Beyond Homes, ensures that underserved children and families, seniors and people with special needs (formerly homeless, at-risk homeless, survivors of domestic violence, mentally/physically disabled, and youth emancipated from the foster care system) can remain stable in their housing and improve their livelihoods as they work toward long term self-sufficiency. These social services are offered at 20 affordable residential communities, enhancing the lives of some 5,000 low-income people who call Abode Communities “home.”
Under the leadership of the Director, Communications & Fund Development, the Marketing Associate manages and implements a wide range of marketing initiatives for Abode Communities’ core disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and implement communications campaigns featuring targeted and timely newsletters and bi-monthly eBlasts;
2. Provide support for Abode Communities|Real Estate and Abode Communities|Architecture’s business development activities including, and not limited to:
- Coordinating and preparing responses for Requests for Proposals/Qualifications submissions;
- Creating and updating collateral such as profiles, cut sheets, presentations, and websites;
- Managing award opportunities and creating awards submissions; and
- Coordinating trade show activities
3. Provide marketing support to advance donor relations for Beyond Homes resident services;
4. Manage events and provide production support for grand openings, groundbreakings, project-related tours, and staff participation in conferences/workshops;
5. Implement, manage and report project-based press/communication campaigns;
6. Update website content, maintain social media presence, and monitor online activity;
7. Manage the organization’s photography inventory and coordinate shoots;
8. Provide communications support to advance affordable housing policy;
9. Manage and maintain the organization’s contact management system; and
10. Steward the Abode Communities’ brand.
The organization offers a highly professional, yet mission-based career opportunity for candidates who possess:
1. 3+ years of related experience, Architecture/Engineering/Construction preferred
2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the field of marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or related field;
3. Experience in Microsoft Office, contact management systems and electronic mail services;
4. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite;
5. A valid driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle for limited travel within Abode Communities’ service area.
Successful candidates will be energetic and self-motivated, demonstrating:
1. Superior oral and written communication skills;
2. Superior time management skills;
3. An ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities;
4. An ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a dynamic team; and
5. A desire to improve underserved communities throughout California.
The Marketing Associate is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com