April 30th, 2019
LEVER is a Portland, Oregon-based practice with a growing national reputation for material innovation and pioneering work with mass timber construction. In 2017, the firm was named to Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard and the Architectural League of New York’s Emerging Voices. Our 30-person team is currently at work on cultural projects, headquarters designs for creative companies and foundations, a landmark affordable housing development, and building technology research.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager with 5+ years of experience to lead proposal submissions and support business development efforts. This individual will work with the Development Director to pursue cultural, civic, and higher education projects. Are you excited to help a growing firm reach the next level? Do you have experience creating the focused and sophisticated proposals that win significant projects? Are you a self-starter who feels confident producing high level work with limited supervision? Our team is interested in pushing the boundaries of what marketing and communications can be at a design firm and we are seeking a motivated person to us help us reach our strategic goals.
Desired skills and qualifications:
• Specific experience executing proposals at an architecture firm; this includes managing the process and creating original content
• Solid graphic design skills; fluency with Indesign and proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong writer and visual thinker
• Takes ownership of work; feels confident in a deadline- and production-oriented role
• Highly detailed oriented; understands the importance of thoughtful and accurate work
• Experience preparing research on potential clients/projects and building type precedents
• Strong knowledge of subconsultants; ability to assemble the right team for the right project
• Genuine passion for contemporary architecture
• Experience with California market is a plus
• Experience with higher education and cultural markets is a plus
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture strongly preferred
This is a full-time position in our Portland office. LEVER has a collaborative culture and is committed to providing competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance. Relocation stipends may be available for new employees moving to Oregon.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and concise portfolio of written and graphic work to email@example.com. Inquiries should have “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls or unannounced office visits, please.