June 20th, 2018
Pfeiffer Partners Architects
Pfeiffer Partners Architects, a 50-person architecture, interior design and planning firm that practices nationally from offices in New York and Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced A/E Marketer to be based in our Los Angeles office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and can collaborate with firm leadership on pre-positioning and pursuit strategy for new work in the educational and cultural realm, serving as the manager for these efforts. As we establish improvements to our marketing materials consistent with our refreshed brand identity, the position demands a trifecta of strengths in graphic design, marketing and communication, while offering new managers the chance to develop supervisory experience.
In addition to evolving our social media presence, a focus of the role in the near term is exploration of digital magazine tools for a more interactive approach to presenting firm expertise, as well as collaboration on our transition to OpenAsset for digital asset management.
The Marketing Manager works directly with firm Principals as part of a lean and enthusiastic marketing team, in pursuit of new projects for both offices. While focused on highly tailored RFP responses, the position is responsible for the design, content development and maintenance of all materials used for marketing purposes, as well as the transformation of project information from text intensive to more info-graphic in style. Key interfaces include the Business Development Principal and the Public Relations and Communications Manager, along with oversight of the Marketing Communications Designer, while providing ongoing support of the business development pipeline. Responsibilities are to:
• Manage the workflow of proposal development, content development, and online marketing
• Work with Principals and other senior leaders to define pursuit strategies, identify internal teams and consultants
• Work with Marketing Communications Designer to:
- Develop and format proposals in InDesign
- Write, edit and lay out project descriptions and case studies for easy to use and readily deployable marketing materials
- Organize and maintain proposal support information, project details, resumes, etc., interfacing with other administrative and professional staff regularly
- Respond to various writing, editing, and image requests
- Advance the firm’s web presence, posting to numerous channels, monitoring and reporting, while maintaining brand consistency
• Ensure quality and consistent messaging and branding throughout marketing team
• Attend industry events, such as association events and conferences, to build your network and provide feedback on contacts and trends.
The position requires a flexible, energetic, dependable and detail-oriented team player who can multi-task, produce high-quality work primarily in InDesign, and meet deadlines. A self-starter is imperative. It requires a hands-on person who will be directly involved with image selection and placement, writing and editing proposal content using existing graphic frameworks. The ability to work under time constraints, to be pro-active in engaging others in support of deadlines, and to exercise independent judgment is fundamental. Qualified candidates must possess:
• 4-6 years of A/E marketing and proposal development experience
• Excellent writing, editing, graphics and organizational skills
• High Proficiency in InDesign and MS Office Suite is imperative, along with working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
• Enthusiasm and dedication to the development of a professional services marketing career
• BA/BS degree with concentration in Marketing, Graphic Design or Communications preferred.
When applying, a tailored cover letter is required. Please email the cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with “Marketing Manager” in the Subject line, and be prepared to forward references and graphic/writing samples if contacted. Local candidates only.
Pfeiffer offers competitive compensation and benefits package including professional development opportunities, a performance-based compensation plan and 401K.