February 13th, 2020
ZGF is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our team in our Los Angeles office. We are looking for creative, passionate, and strategic thinkers.
As a Marketing Manager, you will…
• Work closely with leadership to help determine strategies on proposals and presentations, hands-on planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFPs and in the interview preparation.
• Be a talented writer and storyteller with the ability to gather complex or technical information from various sources, to synthesize it, and to use it as the basis to craft cohesive and compelling narratives.
• Share a love for content marketing and a passion for developing fresh and creative approaches to conveying information.
• Coordinate the preparation of statements of interest and qualifications, proposals, SF330 forms, collateral materials, miscellaneous marketing, and marketing-oriented correspondence, etc.
• Participate in pre-interview planning and presentation rehearsal with design teams and help develop and apply the established win strategy, themes, and differentiators in presentation materials.
• Establish work assignments and follow-up to ensure tasks and projects are completed to the highest standards of quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
• Conduct research and compile information regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, proposals, and presentations.
• Develop and maintain network of industry contacts, i.e., consultants, contractors, architectural colleagues, clients; cultivate leads and gather intelligence through network.
• Support those with marketing assignments to prepare for meetings, interviews, and other contacts with prospective clients, as well as for speaking engagements and other marketing activities.
• Centralize information about the business development activities of the local office and those of a firmwide nature that are orchestrated through that office, including such things as leads, contacts, and schedules of business development events.
• See that information is shared in a timely way among team members; manage timely decisions and actions in business development pursuits.
• Explore ways to streamline workflow and use of technology without compromising quality.
• Attend community and industry events and conferences.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or design-related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant marketing /communications, preferably within the A/E/C industry.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; strong editing and proofreading skills; strong graphic design sensibilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with both peers and senior members of the firm.
• Experience working independently, as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• A collaborative and team-oriented disposition; a sense of humor and grace under pressure; persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic.
• Sound professional judgment, strong work ethic, positive and client-focused attitude.
• A detailed knowledge of marketing procedures, work processes, and tools, along with evidence of past successful management of marketing projects and teams.
• A thorough understanding of effective document and presentation production, and an in-depth understanding of proposal and presentation psychology and how to convey messages, themes, differentiators, and responses to evaluation criteria clearly and effectively.
• Experience managing teams of people (non-direct reports) with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive criticism in a team setting and one-on-one.
• Proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint is required; working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and database programs such as Deltek Vision and Axomic OpenAsset is preferable.
• Able to travel to other ZGF offices and/or client project locations as needed.
• Cover letter
• Writing Samples
We invite qualified candidates to apply online at https://www.zgf.com/careers/.
ZGF Architects LLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.