September 11th, 2019
Architectural Resources Group (ARG)
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is a full-service architecture, historic preservation planning, and conservation firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, OR. As a growing practice, we are seeking to expand our staff and are looking for marketing and administrative support for our Los Angeles office. While the foundation of this position will be marketing, as-needed office-wide administrative support is an equally important aspect of the role. There will also be plenty of opportunity to expand one’s knowledge in varied disciplines related to the built environment as all of the offices work in conjunction with each other and with our headquarter office in San Francisco, which has been a pioneer in architecture and preservation planning for 39 years.
The position will operate under the direction of the Marketing Manager and the primary responsibilities revolve around providing marketing assistance and maintaining the smooth operation of our Los Angeles office.
Marketing duties will include:
• Assisting with qualification and proposal responses and their compilation, soliciting and coordinating information from internal staff, external consultants, and other team members for inclusion in the proposal and presentation materials
• Assisting with content development (writing, editing, proofreading) for qualifications, proposals and presentations
• Assistance with social media accounts
• Updating marketing collateral such as firm introduction, project sheets, and resumes
• Tracking industry leads and conducting research for potential new work
• Tracking projects, opportunities, and new business leads using Cosential
Administrative duties will include:
• Reception: as the first point of contact with the firm it is important that the interested candidate is respectful and dedicated to being present, helpful, and contributing to a welcoming environment.
• Daily correspondence: managing out-going and in-coming mail and packages.
• Office operations: filing, email, answering the phone, tracking and ordering supplies as needed, coordination with ARG’s IT consultant, addressing internal and external facilities’ needs, communication and coordination with property management.
The successful candidate for this position is:
• Enthusiastic about participating in social media campaigns.
• Organized; strong time-management skills and an understanding of how to prioritize tasks and schedules for efficiency and consistency.
• Reliable; can maintain a consistent schedule.
• Forward-thinking; anticipates needs and addresses issues in advance, in order to maintain office flow and functionality.
• Flexible; an ability to transition between tasks and excel in an environment that is constantly in motion is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 1-2 years of experience in marketing or in a position at an A/E/C firm OR Associate Degree in a related field and 2 years of experience in marketing or in a position at an A/E/C firm
• Excellent Adobe InDesign skills
• Adept with the full Microsoft office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills
• Experience with a CRM database, experience with Cosential a plus
• Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and maintain accuracy
• Team player with a supportive attitude
• Service orientation is a must
• Experience with social media platforms
• Flexibility and an ability to transition tasks with ease
ARG offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, disability, 401k plan and PTO.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and put “Los Angeles Marketing/Office Administrator” in the subject line. Also, if selected to interview, be prepared to submit three professional references in advance.