March 18th, 2017
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
Our architecture practice is committed to design excellence and innovation. We are looking for a passionate and motivated marketing professional with exceptional proposal development experience, an eye for visual communications and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines. Our work environment is fast paced, exciting and team oriented. This position is within the Architecture practice and part of a tight-knit team of 24 pursuit specialists across the country who work together to build creative and responsive submittals to support our architectural pursuit teams, finding the most effective way to get messages across in print and digital media. Exceptional communications skills are essential for this role; specifically the ability to manage teams across office and time zones for a multitude of internal clients.
A/E Marketing /Senior Pursuit Specialist/PROPOSAL COORDINATOR
The Senior Pursuit Specialist is a hands-on marketing professional responsible for managing the pursuit process from premarketing through interview. Able to direct the development, organization and production of marketing materials, such as: qualifications; proposals; presentations; correspondence; project documentation (both in narrative and graphic form); and CRM Management. Needs to work well with Marketing leadership, Market Sector leadership, Principals and Managing principals and other leaders.
This position supports the Education Science Technology market sector. Requires significant involvement in market sector and client strategy as well as client or industry research. Direct experience in Healthcare program marketing strongly preferred. Works closely with the program and assists with Go/No Go process for pursuits.
Able to manage large pursuit teams and high pressure deadlines with diligence. Understands proposal strategy, develops the work plan and manages the pursuit team to schedule. Works directly with the project manager and marketer/bd, and coordinates with sub consultants and subject matter experts. Involves frequent collaboration with internal staff across business lines to obtain materials/other information during project pursuits. Shows effective leadership in working with staff within AMS and externally and is available to help mentor.
Will serve as the content manager, and will be required to evaluate technical content, write/edit proposal sections. May also direct and review work of marketing coordinators and assistant marketing coordinators. Shows initiative when taking on new pursuits and challenges.
Engages additional resources, graphic designers and technical writers, as needed to implement HDR’s brand throughout all materials. Coordinates reprographics production/shipping schedules, and compiles/distributes submissions.
Gathers information on past project experience and develops personnel resumes. Maintains accurate pursuit status reports in CRM system.
• A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or Professional Service degree, such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture or other related technical field is preferred. Those with Graphic Design degrees who are skilled in production design are encouraged to apply.
• More than five years experience as a marketing professional for the A/E Industry (or other A/E industry experience) preferred.
• Self-starter, team-oriented individual; able to work well with different personalities and professional styles, and with all levels of staff.
• Able to understand the “big picture” and how it relates to assigned tasks; needs to be a creative thinker, have a can-do attitude, love challenges. Keen sense of accountability in all stages of a pursuit.
• Excellent problem solving skills; strong oral, written, and graphic communication skills.
• Ability to travel and work unscheduled overtime, sometimes on tight deadlines.
• Highly-organized, detail-oriented professional with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture a must.
• Being actively involved in professional organizations is a plus.
• Mastery of Adobe InDesign CC and MS Office products (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Knowledge and experience with SF330s for proposal submissions preferred.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY AT: http://www.hdrinc.com/careers job #144855 or by URL: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=144855&lang=en#.WMLhX8RHgmI.link