March 12th, 2020
T.Y. Lin International
T.Y. Lin International is seeking a Marketing Specialist II (3-5 years of experience) to provide support for marketing activities. Exercises independent judgment. Independently performs most assignments based on specification of desired results. May supervise administrative, and marketing-related support staff, such as Marketing Assistants or Marketing Coordinators. May also coordinate/direct the efforts of specialized consultants, such as photographers and other marketing related vendors. May assume temporary supervisory responsibility for technical staff assigned to marketing projects. Client contact often restricted to updating routine file information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains marketing information systems (client files, resume and project description files, mailing list, etc.).
• Assist with writing, editing, and production of project marketing support materials (qualifications packages, proposals, presentations/interviews, etc.)
• Implement communication strategy by assisting with project and personnel internal and external public relations efforts in coordination with Corporate Communications Team.
• Draft content and graphic layout of marketing materials such as proposals, awards, presentation abstracts, etc.
• Partner with technical staff to create concepts for and develop marketing collateral.
• Gather, format and maintain accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes in corporate database.
• Assist with planning and coordinating photo shoots and managing photo documentation of projects and staff.
• Support the implementation of corporate initiatives and social media participation.
• Researches target markets and clients as directed, sharing relevant information with other offices and practices.
• Produce high-quality work products, in terms of accuracy, messaging, content and compliance with requirements.
• Work collaboratively with fellow team members to continuously enhance deliverables and the working environment.
• Conduct and coordinate a range of marketing support activities as directed.
TYPICAL ABILITIES AND ATTAINMENTS
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and clients.
• Has proven capabilities to write messaging for various content channels (news releases, website, email, social media, etc.).
• Has the ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications in order to organize and develop a relevant, thoughtful response.
• Has an interest in and ability to learn about industry-related concepts and apply that understanding to written marketing materials.
• Can solve problems and work independently, and as a team player.
• Shares knowledge with others and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others.
• Is actively involved in professional and community organizations.
• Is proactive, resourceful, a self-starter and can easily multi-task against deadlines.
• Thrives in a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment.
• Has strong organizational, problem-solving and attention to details skills.
• Is able to think creatively and strategically.
• Participates in continuing on-the-job training and specialized training at least every 2 years, including SMPS membership.
• Should be able to develop marketing program through both original contributions and refinement of existing activities.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or technical field; or 2 to 4 years of experience, preferably with 1 year in marketing assistant/jr. marketing coordinator or communications-related position; or associate degree and 3 to 5 years of experience; or 3 to 7 years of secretarial experience in design/construction project services or marketing. Experience in the AEC industry preferred. Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail is also required. Must be proficient using MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat). Knowledge of Deltek Vision CRM databases a plus. Ability to travel to other local office as needed.
TYLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Specialist II
REPORTS TO: May report to Region Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager or Senior Marketing Specialist. Performance evaluated by marketing management-level staff, with input from principals and technical managers.
REQUISITION #: 2020-2432
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. The job description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position. The employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.