August 21st, 2018
Western Ground Improvement
Western Ground Improvement (WGI) is seeking immediate placement of an outside sales professional to focus on the city of Los Angeles. The ideal candidate would have a construction and engineering background, with strong experience in business development or competitive environments within the construction industry. Must be self-motivated and highly organized. Excellent communication skills and a thorough knowledge of the sales cycle are necessary. Candidate should live in/near LA County.
WGI delivers Geopier® and other ground improvement solutions throughout California in a design-build format. WGI maintains a significant client list, reputation, and job resume with over 15 years of installation experience in California. WGI works on many high profile projects that are generally commercial projects with a GCV of $25MM to $250MM.
1. Outside marketing to general contractors, geotechnical engineers, architects, and structural engineers in the L.A. area to increase our visibility as an L.A. installer.
2. Cultivation of job leads through the entire sales cycle from feasibility, estimating, to final proposal.
3. Construction management functions on the design side during installations.
4. Research job lists to identify opportunities.
5. Maintain and continually update potential project list.
6. Develop relationships at the executive level.
7. Attain preferred subcontractor status through pre-qualified bidder lists for GCs.
8. Provide feasibility and design analysis to geotechnical, structural, contractor, and architectural design professionals.
9. Research public bid lists.
10. Develop creative strategies, and have a persistent need, to win.
11. Coordinate and collaborate with management and other sales people on all aspects of bidding and marketing in the southern California area.
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management.
2. Minimum 5 years of industry experience.
3. Professional licensure a plus.
WGI will provide significant on the job training including a week of ground improvement design, sales and presentation techniques, and internal procedures.
Position will come with a base salary based on experience, and a strong commission structure. Email resume, along with a short description of your suitability for the position, to email@example.com.