December 15th, 2017
Kimley-Horn has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a business development professional in our downtown Los Angeles office. We are looking for a self-starter that will assist in business development activities and developing and producing marketing materials. Efforts will support market diversification and growth of market share for a development consultant firm. Primary focus will be business development for our civil engineering services in private-sector land development. Responsibilities will include initiating and developing relationships with external and internal clients; responding to time-sensitive requests for proposals and statements of qualifications; researching markets, clients, and projects; coordinating efforts with other marketing staff; identifying and vetting potential leads; independently managing time and duties; attending, scheduling, and coordinating attendance at industry functions; and strategy development.
• BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, or the equivalent degree
• 3 years of related experience
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to act independently while working with a team effectively
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
• Positive attitude/support mentality
• Flexibility to adjust normal working hours to attend industry events
• Flexibility to travel around Los Angeles and Orange County approximately 50-75% of the time
• Knowledge of A/E/C industry
• 3+ years of business development activities within A/E/C industry
• Outgoing and energetic personality
• Strong writing and presentation skills
**Please include a one-page cover letter when uploading your resume. Additional work samples and/or basic writing skills testing will be required.
If you have a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you! Apply online at www.kimley-horn.com.
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.