July 18th, 2018
Epic Land Solutions, Inc.
Epic Land Solutions, Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Proposal Coordinator to join its Torrance office. The Proposal Coordinator plays a critical role in helping the company win new contracts, retain contracts, and cross-market services to existing clients. This position will be part a small, collaborative corporate marketing team and will partner closely with company executives, regional managers and subject matter experts. You will be working in a fast-paced, fun yet professional environment with passionate, knowledgeable people. Success in this position requires a willingness to collaborate with team members, juggle tasks, and meet unexpected changes with a positive attitude.
The Proposal Coordinator role requires a mix of project management skills coupled with technical writing ability and creative skills, as follows:
RFP Project Management: Under the supervision of the proposal manager, the proposal coordinator creates and manages content, assembles proposals and handles client communications in response to RFPs and RFQs. Working within a deadline-driven environment, this person will manage the RFP process to include developing a work plan, delegating work streams to subject matter experts, writing content, editing content, and formatting document layouts. This person will have the ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies. The candidate will thrive in a detail-oriented environment that also involves completing regular database entries.
Technical Writing: Our ideal candidate understands how proposal production drives business development and will be responsible for responding to complex RFP requirements in a compelling and organized manner. The candidate must have talent to effectively articulate complex technical solutions in writing. This person will create compelling documents that demonstrate the company’s unique value propositions. The Proposal Coordinator will also partner with subject matter experts to develop new content to fill information voids and manage ad-hoc requests for information as needed. The Proposal Coordination will also amass fresh marketing content into a central database.
Creative Skills: Our clients are largely public agencies and consultants overseeing infrastructure projects, so every deliverable must convey a fresh, differentiated story with accuracy and impeccable attention to detail. A creative mind and a knack for understanding and explaining technical business-related concepts are critical skills. The candidate must have talent to effectively articulate complex technical solutions in graphics and visuals.
• Coordinating the proposal development process from start to finish.
• Serve as the lead coordinator for individual RFP responses by assigning responsibilities across all required business units to build the proposal response.
• Responsible for reviewing RFP requirements, summarizing client directives and partnering with regional managers to ensure the requirements are clearly understood and met.
• Organize and outline proposal structure and create a storyline with production deadlines.
• Gather and research information relevant to each proposal, including resumes and project summaries.
• Design and draft original copy that communicates Epic’s value and sales message.
• Proofread and edit documents for accuracy, consistency and relevance to client objectives.
• Print and assemble final proposal packages, obtain required signatures and notarization when required, bind and process shipping labels and guarantee deadlines are met.
• Manage and maintain physical and electronic filing systems for marketing collateral.
• Engage in written and verbal communication with external clients throughout the process.
• Support reporting and record-keeping initiatives related to the proposal cycle and new contracts.
• Two years’ employment experience in a related marketing role in the A/E/C or right of way industry
• Degree in Marketing, Business, English, Journalism or Technical Writing desirable
• Excellent business writing and copy-editing skills
• Proven graphic design skills
• Acumen for creative design/layout
• Experience in crafting compelling documents such as case studies, white papers, newsletters, etc.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office applications
• Adobe Creative Cloud experience
• CRM and/or content management experience (i.e. Cosential, Qvidian, Salesforce)
• Work with external service providers such as printers, third party designers, etc.
• Strong research skills and good inductive reasoning ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions
• Ability to present thoughts and strategy in both face-to-face and over-the-phone environments
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills for working in a small team
• Eager leader and active self-starter with strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Adaptable and flexible at welcoming changes to the schedule, preferring a challenge over certainty.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Computer skills will be tested prior to hire, and a background check will be conducted upon written offer. Epic participates in E-Verify.
Benefits package for full-time employees includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, FSA, paid holidays and 15 days of vacation/PTO. 401(k) plan participation with a company 4% match is available after 90 days of full-time employment.
At Epic we offer our employees more than a job, and our successful employees embrace our forward thinking approach to ROW. Proprietary technical support and a solid business model at Epic encourages creativity and allows employees to design, build and find solutions that shape the future. We encourage internal advancement and see this position as an opportunity for career growth.
Epic is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex , race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org