May 5th, 2018
Moffatt & Nichol
Moffatt & Nichol’s Long Beach office is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team of marketing professionals supporting the firm’s international business development efforts. This position supports marketing pursuits across the company’s 36 offices who offer multidiscipline services to transportation, ports & harbors, energy, federal, and private clients throughout the world. Our Proposal Coordinators are responsible for supporting the development of pursuit strategies and persuasive deliverables that differentiate and create a competitive advantage for our firm’s pursuits.
• Collaborate with project managers, key engineering and planning staff, graphic designers, and fellow marketers to ensure deliverables meet client needs and RFP/RFQ requirements
• Work with Proposal Managers to prepare proposals, statement of qualifications, project descriptions, resumes, required forms, and other pursuit deliverables from capture planning through to shortlist presentation development and coaching
• Contacting and coordinating with sub-consultants and intra-office staff
• Support pursuit/proposal teams in developing and refining winning strategies and themes, compelling messages, and persuasive benefit/differentiator pairs
• Gather, format and maintain accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes
• Contribute to the firm’s newsletter, internal and external communications, award submittals, industry articles, and conference presentations
• Collaborate with graphic designers to develop visual themes that support winning strategies and appropriately address target audience
• Assist in social media management efforts working under the direction of the Social Media Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• A team player with good communication and collaboration skills.
• Capacity to multi-task and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills.
• Strong project management and people management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with Federal submissions is preferable.
• CRM software experience/familiarity is preferred.
• Experience and success working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with professionalism, efficiency, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative, follow-through, researching, and problem-solving ability.
• Client service oriented.
Complexity & Decision-Making Authority
• Has authority to make decisions throughout proposal process.
• Resolves issues and problems with staff and proposals.
• Work is periodically reviewed for application of sound professional skills and judgment.
• Makes recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
Education, Registration, Certifications
• Associate’s degree or, Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or similar field
• Minimum 2-3 years of proposal writing experience in a corporate environment.
• 2-3 years of professional writing experience, preferably with an engineering, architectural or construction firm.
We are considering candidates who will be based in any one of the following office locations:
• Long Beach, California
• Norfolk, Virginia
• Raleigh, North Carolina
• Some overtime on work days and weekends
• Occasional travel – approximately 10-15% per year, as dictated by pursuit demand
Please visit our website: moffattnichol.com/careers for additional information and to apply. Writing examples and professional references will be required.