August 3rd, 2018
Moffatt & Nichol
Moffatt & Nichol is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team of marketing professionals supporting the firm’s international business development efforts. This position supports marketing pursuits across the company’s 36 offices who offer multidiscipline services to transportation, ports & harbors, energy, federal, and private clients throughout the world. Proposal Managers are responsible for leading the development of pursuit strategies and persuasive deliverables that differentiate and create a competitive advantage for our firm’s pursuits. We will consider candidates to work from our Long Beach or Orange County offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Independently plan and conduct work that requires judgment and decision making through the marketing and proposal process
• Manage proposals, statements of qualifications, and pursuit deliverables from capture planning through to shortlist presentation development and coaching
• Coordinate, write, edit, and produce statement of qualifications, proposals, presentations and collateral marketing materials
• Collaborate with project managers, key engineering and planning staff, graphic designers, and fellow marketers to ensure deliverables meet client needs and RFP/RFQ requirements
• Guide pursuit/proposal teams in developing and refining winning strategies and themes, compelling messages, and persuasive benefit/differentiator pairs
• Develop and write persuasive messages based on information from independent research, meetings with proposal team members, and knowledge of organization capabilities and services
• Provide preliminary and final quality control check of materials, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance, and conformance to proposal strategies and win themes. Consolidate team input into clear and effective responses, write executive summaries and non-technical content, tailor project and resume information to the specific needs of each pursuit and client
• Collaborate with graphic designers to develop visual themes that support winning strategies and appropriately address target audience
• Manage and coach large teams of professionals on presentation skills
• Contribute to the firm’s newsletter, internal and external communications, award submittals, white papers, industry articles, and conference presentations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree in English, marketing, communications, business, or related discipline
• 5+ years of proposal writing experience in a corporate environment
• 5 years of professional writing experience, preferably with an engineering, architectural or construction firm
• Strong project management and people management skills
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with Federal submissions is preferable.
• Experience and success working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with professionalism, efficiency, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated initiative, follow-through, researching, and problem-solving ability
• Client service oriented.
• Standard office setting
• Some overtime on work days and weekends
• Occasional travel – approximately 10-15% per year, as dictated by pursuit demand
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of approximately 700 employees in 36 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection & rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Job Posting Link
Click here to apply and see button at bottom for application.