October 23rd, 2018
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Proposal Manager for our buildings construction office located in Glendale, CA.
• Manage proposal coordination team, resources and processes to ensure top quality qualifications, proposals and related documents are delivered on time
• Manage RFQ/RFP process and oversee key phases including: review of requirements, proposal outline, responsibility matrix, timeline, and comprehensive proposal plan
• Define overall proposal strategy in collaboration with key proposal stakeholders
• Lead and provide staff guidance for development of pursuit presentations
• Manage and direct proposal strategy sessions and planning sessions, ensuring a clear win strategy is in place
• Ensure strategy and vision are being applied effectively and clearly in the proposal in manner compliant to RFP requirements/corporate policies
• Monitor proposal process to ensure internal proposal deadlines are being met and coordinators are in control of their plans
• Manage development of clear, compelling customized proposal, drafting/editing as needed
• Train, supervise and mentor proposal team
• Manage proposal debriefing and evaluation systems to track outcomes and share lessons learned
• Ensure proper proposal closeout process that collects and memorializes new data gathered
• Overall responsibility for pursuit support and collateral production
• The successful candidate should possess an undergraduate degree or master's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or English or equivalent experience
• Ideal candidate should have 6-10 years in a similar capacity, experience managing people preferred
• CPSM or APMP certification a plus
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
• Strong communication skills (written, oral, comprehension) and people skills
• Creative thinker with strong attention to detail, excellence and innovation
• Superior project management skills and excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to manage people tactfully and sensitively
• Customer service focus with people of all levels
• Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
• Graphic design knowledge and experience
• Must have intermediate to advanced level skill with InDesign and Creative Suite
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with databases (i.e., Deltek) a plus.
• Knowledge of California procurement processes a plus
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
PCL is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
We encourage qualified candidates to apply directly to: https://careers.pcl.com/experiencedprofessionals/us/en/job/PCCOUS1196/Proposal-Manager