May 15th, 2018
Gilbane Building Company
At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Gilbane Building Company is seeking a highly-motivated candidate for the position of Proposal Specialist based in our Los Angeles, CA office and collaborating within a virtual Global Sales and Marketing Services Department. The primary responsibility of this fast-paced position includes leading the proposal and presentation development; preparing statements of qualifications; market sector research; event support and more. This exciting opportunity requires you to be an independent strong communicator, detail-oriented professional with the ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting critical deadlines in a virtual reporting environment.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: The Proposal Specialist's typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead production and organization of multiple sales deliverables including introductory packages, proposals, presentations and other client submissions
• Effective organizational skills balance short-term priorities with long-term strategic plan tactics and ensure deadlines are met
• Coordinate and maintain high volume of data information for projects, team members, market sector and project statistics into data management systems
• Lead assignments with effective time management skills to balance short-term priorities with long-term strategic plan tactics and ensure deadlines are met
• Assist with marketing support of business unit events, industry award submissions and local campaigns to support awareness of Gilbane in the local markets
• Contribute to the development of strategic content to Gilbane’s website and digital communication channels
• 3+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry, preferably
• Associates Degree Required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Communications, Journalism or English
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong organizational skills, ‘work smart’ approach, possess strong attention to quality and thrive on getting things done
• Technical writing skills for complex sales packages and case studies for people, projects and services
• Creative and strategic mindset that seeks ways to enhance client-centric messages, identify value-adds and create project and personnel narratives
• Proficiency in desktop publishing, Abode Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office
APPLY ONLINE AT: Gilbane Building Company, Tracking Code: 5137-244
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.