February 24th, 2017
PMA Consultants (PMA) is an international, ENR top 40 CM/PM construction consulting firm. We are recognized pioneers and leaders in project controls and in program, project, and construction management, utilizing a range of alternative delivery methods and experts in performance audits, change management, and dispute avoidance and resolution. PMA provides these services to both public, private, and P3 clients in a broad range of markets that include water/wastewater, aviation/ports, transportation, power, oil/gas, higher education, biotech/pharma, retail, hospitality, industrial, and commercial.
PMA is seeking a writer with proposal experience/marketing coordinator in our Long Beach, California office. The successful candidate will support staff across the PMA western region (i.e., Long Beach and San Francisco CA, Denver CO, and Phoenix, AZ). Required qualifications include previous experience in proposal writing and project management, developing and managing marketing communications, supporting firm executives, and assisting multiple staff concurrently.
The ideal candidate can be located in any other aforementioned office locations but is expected to travel upon request to support major proposal efforts; attend business development/outreach events; and participate in PMA corporate events, training seminars, and meetings.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the proposal process from start to finish (i.e., assemble, edit, and ensure timely submission of proposals).
• Review and comprehend the RFQ/P requirements and ensure content and qualifications align
• Provide technical writing content specifically tailored to requested services in the RFP/Q.
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to RFP requirements regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Create initial proposal document drafts; edit, standardize, or make changes to drafts and finalized materials prepared by the team.
• Complete additional writing project assignments as directed by management.
• Update and maintain regional marketing materials, résumés, and project information consistent with corporate practices.
Required Experience and Education
• BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, or related field.
• 5 to 10 years of experience working at an A/E/C firm as a proposal or marketing specialist.
• Demonstrated experience in managing high-quality proposals.
• Demonstrated ability to organize marketing campaigns for local offices.
• Ability to take "bullet points" or “general themes” and create RFP responses.
• Ability to write a proposal executive summary.
• Ability to coordinate, write, edit, and finalize proposals with little supervision.
• Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Action and detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Proficiency in various MS Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Demonstrated ability to perform research, compile, and analyze data; and write clear, concise, and accurate reports on marketing subjects.
• Experience in graphical packages for developing proposals, marketing brochures, and similar documents (e.g., Adobe Pro, InDesign, and Illustrator).
• Experience in using Deltek Vision for content and proposal management.
• Demonstrated organizational agility.
• Ability to deal with client POCs (e.g., public officials) with diplomacy and tact.
PMA offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, life, disability, and professional development reimbursement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Qualified female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply. EOE including Disabled and Vets.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For more information and to apply: pmaconsultants.com/careers/