April 5th, 2018
We currently have an opening for a Pursuit/Proposal Specialist in our Irvine or Los Angeles office to join the strong and dynamic Winning Pursuit Team of Arcadis. The Pursuit/Proposal Specialist will support ongoing sales, pursuit and proposal activities, as well as support the development and implementation of client and pursuit plans and strategy for the Infrastructure Business Line in California. As a key part of the Winning Pursuit Team, the Pursuit/Proposal Specialist works with client teams to drive and coordinate ongoing sales, capture planning, strategy, and pursuit/proposal activities for the region.
Pursuit/Proposal Specialist works with client teams to develop capture strategies, interfacing with clients and Arcadis teams, assisting with research efforts, participating on pursuit teams and leading proposals in response to RFPs.
Pursuit and capture planning / strategy development and implementation:
• Participates in client planning with pursuit leaders and operations partners
• Collaborates with Operations and Client Development teams to position Arcadis for new projects by leading, creating and assisting with implementation of comprehensive capture plans
• Develops and communicates effective win strategies and creates storyboards
• Develops and tracks action items
• Leads and conducts market research, competitive analyses, etc. on leads, opportunities, clients, projects and competitors
Proposal / Interview Phase:
• Takes on a leadership role in the proposal and interview stages of the pursuit process; primarily responsible for addressing client needs and implementing messaging aligned with the knowledge collected throughout the positioning phase
• Serves as Proposal Manager
• Interviews technical staff to tailor and/or write resumes, project descriptions and other proposal information
Additional Sales Enablement Responsibilities:
• Works with client teams to continually update pipeline information for priority assigned clients and supports with proactive pipeline management for geographic region
• Proactively manages Cosential project and staff data for the region
• Oversees/conducts planning, editing, and production of content
• Creates and prepares client and pursuit specific collateral or materials for positioning meetings as part of the capture planning process as needed
• Collaborates with departments during the proposal process
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor – speaks clearly and concisely, listens and gets clarification in one-on-one and group situations.
• Experience in capture planning / strategy development and implementation in the A/E/C industry is highly preferred, or ability and willingness to quickly learn and understand capture planning disciplines and practices.
• Experience developing and writing proposals; thorough understanding of the RFP and proposal development processes.
• Experience in persuasive writing and developing features, advantages and benefits.
• Able to work flexible schedule
• Ability to network and connect with clients, teaming partners, and professional organizations as needed.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (advanced abilities desired); familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) databases preferred (i.e. Deltek Vision, Cosential, etc.).
Minimum 5+ years of A/E/C industry experience as a marketing, proposal or business development specialist working with an Architecture/Engineering/Construction/Consulting firm is required.
• Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, engineering, science or architecture or a related field is required (or equivalent professional experience).
Candidates should submit their applications through our company website: