June 13th, 2019
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 14 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Los Angeles office of SmithGroup is looking for a Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
• Serve as project manager for the coordination, writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations and other marketing materials, or assist with such efforts.
• Compose narrative for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills.
• Create concepts for and coordinate production of collateral materials (i.e. brochures, direct mail).
• Develop strategy on project and studio-specific marketing activities, which may include content marketing plans.
• Assist in research of target markets and clients as directed.
• Gather, format and maintain accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes.
• Develop award submittals and coordinate public relations initiatives as needed, including social media participation.
• Oversee photography shoots (planning and coordination) and management of projects and staff images (formatting, filing).
• Participate in employment interviews as requested.
An ideal candidate has:
• A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, English or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of A/E/C firm experience.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management and clients.
• The ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications to organize and develop a relevant, thoughtful response.
• An eye for design details and ability to guide development of persuasive graphics that tell concept-based stories.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.