August 1st, 2017
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties:Do you love to strategize? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple initiatives at once?
Stantec is looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist based in Pasadena/Greater Los Angeles area. This position requires someone who has real marketing desire—a team player who can lead pursuit processes, communicate effectively, and maneuver the competitive environment confidently.
In this role, you’ll prepare high-impact proposals, presentations, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand. You’ll be working closely with our technical project managers to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack.
Combining your business savvy with strong marketing sensibilities, you’ll look for creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in selected markets.
There’ll be many opportunities for you to put your proven experience to work within the Water, Environmental, Transportation, and Community Development sectors as part of our Pacific Region marketing team. Your responsibilities will include pursuit strategy; developing client proposals and presentations; coordinating our strategic involvement at regional conferences, tradeshows, and client events; community engagement; and creating targeted collateral materials, advertisements, and communications.
You’ll also contribute to client development and account management efforts, as well as help maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to opportunity/lead tracking, people and projects, and promotional activity. And you’ll be a valuable contributor to our internal and external communications networks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
• Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, journalism, or related area
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a marketing-related field. Experience in the AEC professional services industry is strongly preferred, with a particular emphasis on the water, environmental, and transportation markets
• Proven experience working within the Greater LA area, including experience developing pursuit strategies, client proposals, and presentations for the City and County of Los Angeles.
• Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign), and web-based interfaces
• Must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation with a larger regional
• Candidate should enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies
• Periodic travel throughout the Greater LA area and to Orange County is required.
• Must thrive working assertively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.