January 31st, 2019
KDG Construction Consulting
KDG is seeking an experienced director of business development & marketing for its headquarter office in Glendale, CA. The position will lead business development and marketing in the management of Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from opportunity assessment to proposal submittal. The Sr. Director of Business Development & Marketing will be responsible for promoting Construction Management services to owners, developers, planners, architects, engineers and any appropriate sales lead by increasing brand awareness, prospecting and engaging new clients, coordinating public relations efforts, attending and participating in conferences, professional and/or industry organizations. The individual will be also expected to act on behalf of the client to provide necessary project support while maintaining key relationships within the aviation, higher education, and transportation market sectors.
We seek someone with strong communications and business development skills who is eager to help lead and grow a group of dynamic professionals. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent organizational skills and be customer oriented. This person will report to and work collaboratively with KDG's Executive VP of Corporate Development to support multiple phases of the business development and proposal management process.
Business Development Duties:
• Promote Construction Management services to owners, developers, planners, architects, engineers and any appropriate sales lead by increasing brand awareness, prospecting and engaging new clients, coordinating public relations efforts, attending and participating in conferences, participating in professional and/or industry organizations
• Demonstrate and apply complete understanding of all aspects of Construction Management services necessary to build confidence in prospective clientele
• Build and manage long term relationships and partnerships with key and target clients, architectural and engineering principals to generate leads (both Private and Public projects);
• Attends pre bid conferences, is primarily point of contact to outside contacts, communicates all relevant information business development team
• Demonstrate success in previous business development pursuits and proposal development resulting in contract wins
Marketing and Proposal Duties
• Develop proposals in response to requests for RFQ, RFP and SOQ, attending pre-proposal meetings, board meetings, industry events, and conferences.
• Responsible for opportunity management throughout the project capture life cycle of the pursuit once assigned and responsible for planning, controlling, directing and executing all activities from opportunity assessment to proposal submittal
• Coordinate the development of the technical proposal among team members by creating and maintaining the compliance matrix that assigns proposal tasks to team members
• Manage the proposal schedule and ensuring deadlines are met
• Assists with the development, preparation, coordination and execution of presentations and proposals;
• Coordinating with others to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring that client's request for proposals are fully met
• Manage proposal development team
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Preferred candidates will have 10+ years of related construction management experience
• Strong communications skills
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field from an accredited institution and 10 years related experience creating, writing and editing proposals for a construction, engineering or design firm
• Demonstrated ability to identify and integrate information from multiple sources and translate into a creative, client-focused message is a must
• Demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines (i.e. an understanding of proposal due dates) combined with a "can-do" attitude and an inherent need for a sense of accomplishment
• Independent self-starter and highly motivated individual with solid time management skills
• Displayed willingness to "pitch in" and contribute to others in the office or field
• Strong sense of professionalism and a track record of seeking opportunities for professional development.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop and InDesign
About KDG: KDG Construction Consulting (KDG) provides a full spectrum of construction management and project management services to owners within the transportation, education and utilities markets throughout California, Seattle and Nevada. KDG's collaborative environment and client-centric focus enables us to provide our clients with innovative, responsive and tailored solutions to support their construction projects and programs.
Employment with KDG: KDG provides a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision benefits, a 401k plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
KDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
How to apply: Go to www.kdgcc.com, click the Careers page and fill out an application. You can also apply here.