September 12th, 2018
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Do you love to strategize? Are you a compelling communicator? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple simultaneous initiatives? We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist to support the growth of our architecture and engineering markets. This position requires someone with real marketing desire and an eye for detail—a team player who can coordinate and lead pursuit processes, communicate effectively with a variety of people, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and maneuver the competitive environment with confidence.
Does this sound like you? Great! You may be the marketing professional we’re looking for.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Combining your business savvy and marketing acumen, you’ll look for creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership.
• Lead the overall marketing processes on selective pursuits.
• Leverage local and global network within Stantec to support marketing processes and value propositions. Organize, motivate, and lead pursuit teams to develop strategic, value-enhancing, deliverables.
• Work closely with key business development leaders to coordinate strategic client-facing events, materials, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand.
• Support Business our business leaders with client, competitor and market research and development of market, client, and pursuit strategies.
• Actively develop pre-RFP action plans, including win plans, SWOT analyses, and executive summaries, Go/No Go and strategy reviews, etc.
• Translate win strategies into key themes and drive them into proposals and other business development documents with benefit statements, graphics, and proofs.
• Plan, organize, and direct all elements of an RFP response; analyze information requested, develop response plan, initiate Go/No Go discussion, conduct win strategy reviews, conduct proposal kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections and monitor consistency of strategic message, conduct progress reviews, prepare final proposal review package, incorporate comments.
• Support client development and account management efforts and help maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to opportunity/lead tracking, people and projects, and promotional activity.
• Contribute toward Stantec’s internal and external communications networks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs).
• Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based interfaces.
• Must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation with a larger regional team.
• Candidate should enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
• Must thrive working assertively in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients
• Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, or related area.
• Minimum of 5 years of Architecture/Engineering/Consulting marketing experience.
• Experience in the Architecture/Buildings industry is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001K9