September 22nd, 2018
Abramson Teiger Architects
Abramson Teiger Architects (ATA) is a professional practice committed to rigorous inquiry, ambitious design and responsive service. As a design-oriented firm, we place the highest attention on architectural concepts, design details and clarity in drawing quality to portray our ideas. We are seeking an energetic, organized, and multi-talented Marketing / Business Development person to join our team.
Abramson Teiger Architects (ATA) is a professional practice committed to rigorous inquiry, ambitious design and responsive service. As a design-oriented firm, we place the highest attention on architectural concepts, design details and clarity in drawing quality to portray our ideas. Our work consists of Commercial, Corporate Interiors, Religious, Institutional, Retail Projects and High End Residential Homes. ATA is a design intensive firm, dedicated to quality, creativity, and personal attention to our clients. The firm was founded by Trevor Abramson and Douglas Teiger, each having over 30 years of experience running an architectural practice. They merged their firms in 2000 to form Abramson Teiger Architects. With an office in Culver City, ATA has positioned itself in the center of an ever-evolving and endlessly-energizing creative hub. What began as a boutique operation has organically evolved into a robust firm of 30 diverse professionals. With over 300 built projects across North America, ATA’s passion for excellence has been recognized with over thirty design awards. Their work has also been published extensively in international, national and local journals such as Architectural Record, Architectural Review, Architectural Digest, and Los Angeles Architect.
Competitive Salary and Comprehensive Benefit Package
Culver City, CA
Job Description: Marketing / Business Development
We are seeking an energetic, organized, and multi-talented Marketing / Business Development person to join our team.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, architecture, or related field.
• 5 plus years of experience in the architecture, interior design, engineering, construction or real estate development industry.
• Creative copywriting skills – architecture or design industry experience a plus but not necessary
• Strong graphic design abilities and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience with Wordpress and basic CSS knowledge is a plus
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, problem-solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strategic planning to assist to identify new market segments that we want to go after. Be part of the team to discuss our marketing plan. Social Media, Press, Awards, Public Presence.
• Research RFQ’s and RFP’s to find new potential business opportunities.
• Produce RFPs and RFQs that showcase the firm’s work as it relates to the specific project requests. Strong copy writing, image editing, and graphic design skills are necessary.
• Conceptualize, write and design monthly email campaigns using iContact.
• Prepare copy for website updates such as posting news articles and creating new employee pages. Work with website development team to delegate larger requests such as new project pages.
• Work with the architects and interior designers to produce submissions for industry awards.
• Respond to press requests by providing the necessary assets and information.
• Maintain firm-wide branding standards for proposals, presentations, and internal and external forms.
• Coordinate architectural and commercial interior design photography shoots by researching and suggesting photographers, gathering bids, coordinating dates with all parties involved, and assisting on-site to ensure the photos are consistent with the company’s photography style standards.
Email a single PDF document (multi pages with-in a single PDF 5MB max.) containing your resume, 3 references and examples of your RFQ/RFP portfolio to Douglas Teiger at firstname.lastname@example.org
No links to your website of work please.
To learn more about ATA visit us at www.abramsonteiger.com
September 19th, 2018
Alta Planning + Design
Come join Alta team in our Los Angeles office! The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are: coordinating proposal teams to respond to Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals; develop formal proposals including writing and editing some of the proposal, appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation.
Come join Alta team in our Los Angeles office!
A general knowledge of proposals and the ability to meet competing priorities in a timely, accurate and complete manner is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
• Coordinating proposal teams to respond to Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals.
• Develop formal proposals including writing and editing some of the proposal, appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and updating marketing collaterals including staff bios and resumes, emerging market documents and qualification documents.
• Tracking and monitoring proposal efforts and activities ensuring timely delivery.
• Assisting in the implementation of annual strategic plans.
• Participating in market research and other creative projects such as white paper production, branding campaigns and newsletter development.
• Contributing to website updates, social media feeds and blog posts; providing regular updates to the Alta Resource Center (ARC).
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in marketing.
• General understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
• Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Good MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
• Experience in a professional services firm.
• Understanding of the planning and design process and enterprise-wide management tools.
• Experience writing proposals.
• Intermediate InDesign experience.
To apply, please upload a resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in this position and why you’d be a good fit at Alta. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta Planning + Design is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law.
Please apply here:
September 12th, 2018
Do you love to strategize? Are you a compelling communicator? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple simultaneous initiatives? We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist to support the growth of our architecture and engineering markets.
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Do you love to strategize? Are you a compelling communicator? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple simultaneous initiatives? We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Specialist to support the growth of our architecture and engineering markets. This position requires someone with real marketing desire and an eye for detail—a team player who can coordinate and lead pursuit processes, communicate effectively with a variety of people, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and maneuver the competitive environment with confidence.
Does this sound like you? Great! You may be the marketing professional we’re looking for.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Combining your business savvy and marketing acumen, you’ll look for creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership.
• Lead the overall marketing processes on selective pursuits.
• Leverage local and global network within Stantec to support marketing processes and value propositions. Organize, motivate, and lead pursuit teams to develop strategic, value-enhancing, deliverables.
• Work closely with key business development leaders to coordinate strategic client-facing events, materials, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand.
• Support Business our business leaders with client, competitor and market research and development of market, client, and pursuit strategies.
• Actively develop pre-RFP action plans, including win plans, SWOT analyses, and executive summaries, Go/No Go and strategy reviews, etc.
• Translate win strategies into key themes and drive them into proposals and other business development documents with benefit statements, graphics, and proofs.
• Plan, organize, and direct all elements of an RFP response; analyze information requested, develop response plan, initiate Go/No Go discussion, conduct win strategy reviews, conduct proposal kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections and monitor consistency of strategic message, conduct progress reviews, prepare final proposal review package, incorporate comments.
• Support client development and account management efforts and help maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to opportunity/lead tracking, people and projects, and promotional activity.
• Contribute toward Stantec’s internal and external communications networks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs).
• Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based interfaces.
• Must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation with a larger regional team.
• Candidate should enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
• Must thrive working assertively in a deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients
• Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, or related area.
• Minimum of 5 years of Architecture/Engineering/Consulting marketing experience.
• Experience in the Architecture/Buildings industry is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001K9